Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Darvocet: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, feeling like you might pass out;
- chest pain, feeling short of breath;
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious Darvocet side effects include:
- feeling dizzy or drowsy;
- mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation;
- headache, blurred vision; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.